Hair dryers were experiencing bad reputations for the past days. They are seen as an enemy for those having a healthy hair, since it causes overheating, as well as over drying more eventually having a wide damage effect. While it is a fact that utilizing the hair dryer more often may result to have frizzy, sticky as well as a dull hair, split ends and the like. But through following a few guidelines you can make sure that not only will you avoid a large amount of damage but make your hair look better than ever.
TYPES OF HAIR DRYERS AVAILABLE
There are so many different types of best hair dryers on the market that sometimes choosing one can be confusing. There are many different types based on a variety of features.
- Wall mounted. These are nearly identical to the hand held versions but they attach to the wall. They prevent shock by staying away from water and also save counter space. They are often smaller and don’t have all of the features.
- Ionic. This type has what is called an ion generator that releases negative ions that penetrate the hair, hydrating it and reduces the frizz that is caused by static. They will result in a smooth glossy, or shiny hair that will stay strait all day.
- Professional types of hair dryers. Are professional hair dryers really that different from standard ones? Obviously, these have many more features than the standard retail features come with, including infrared and ion technology. They are more complicated, with a number of different heat and speed settings. They are also very durable, as they are needed for hours of use in beauty salons. They often come with an AC adaptor which provides the dryer the ability to be used without a cord as that is helpful in the salon setting.
- Handheld hair dryers. This is the most common variety of best hair dryer and is usually used with other implements such as brushes while drying and styling the hair.
- Bonnet hair dryer. These are much like the ones that you envision in the salons. Hair is usually set in curlers or various treatments are performed and they are set over the hair. Today, they have greatly changed to include light, portable and hands-free versions.
- Brush hair dryers. This type of best hair dryers combines a brush with a dryer for easy styling. While the woman brushes her hair so that it does what she wants it, the heat from the dryer helps to set it in place. Usually they come in varying heats and strengths, and with various attachments.
WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, BLOWDRY YOUR HAIR LIKE A PRO
Whether you feel that you need these additional features of a professional model or not, it is useful to get one that combines being light weight with having power—at least 1600 watts. Different heat and power settings are useful, as are removable filters and nozzles to direct air flow.
Before getting started: be sure to shampoo and condition your hair well. Dry your hair by wrapping it with towel to absorb the excess water, as rubbing it can cause damage. Comb out all the knots and tangles before you start as you won’t want to be doing this while the dryer is going. Face the mirror and go through your routine of using your chosen styling product. For added volume, bend your head downward so that your hair points up while it is being styled, and stand back up to begin drying your hair in sections.